It all began in the 1860's when a small group of people first started meeting at what was called the Chinquapin Grove Meeting House. This group met faithfully to worship the Lord, and in 1871 they decided to organize, and Chinquapin Grove Baptist Church was officially founded.
The new congregation continued to work and serve but tragedy came sometime in the 1880's when the original "Meeting House" was destroyed by fire. Of course the congregation was brokenhearted but they were determined to rise up and carry on. In 1888 a generous family donated land for the church house to be built upon. The congregation worked hard and sometime in 1889 the construction was most likely completed. Tragically, in 1907 fire once again destroyed the church house. No doubt the congregation suffered discouragement. However, once again they rose to the challenge and began rebuilding. Sometime in 1908 or 1909 the church house was rebuilt and dedicated.
The Chinquapin congregation enjoyed years of blessing and in 1960 built a twenty-five room educational complex. In 1971 the old sanctuary was renovated. Through all those years the congregation served the Lord, and God did great and wonderful things. Many have been saved and God has called several ministers from within the fellowship.
In the mid-1990's the congregation realized if they were to meet the challenge of the 21st century they were going to have to prepare for it. It became obvious that more seating in the sanctuary and more parking were needed. After months of study the congregation, believing God was leading, decided the best way to meet their coming challenge was to relocate and build on the old Chinquapin School property. Thanks to the generous gifts of two families, 3.5 acres were donated for the relocation. Years of planning were to follow. The unity the congregation experienced was remarkable. The result of it all is the wonderful building the Chinquapin Grove Baptist Church now occupies. It is a beautiful facility and to the Lord be all the glory and praise.
God continues to do great and wonderful things. He continues to save souls and call ministers from within the fellowship. It is the desire of those who constitute Chinquapin Grove Baptist Church that all who visit will know what a wonderful Savior we serve!